CIEE Paris is looking for individuals who are committed to the process of language education and the importance of cross-cultural learning. CIEE will hire Instructors who are excited to embrace the task-based, communicative approach, and to introduce participants to the language and culture. The Instructor should have excellent classroom management skills and experience teaching high school aged students. CIEE will provide in-depth training on the curriculum and instructional strategies, guidance on participant expectations, and a brief review of safety, security and risk management. All instructors will be supported by the CIEE Site Staff.
Our programs provide participants with a unique CIEE experience. Participants will be immersed in French culture through 60+ hours of intensive language instruction, homestays, peer interaction and free time, cultural activities and excursions. The Language Instructor will be responsible for delivering 60 hours of instruction in the target language (3 hours/day, 5 days/week for 4 weeks) from 9 am to 12 pm.
Candidates must be available for one or both 4-week sessions: June 14 to July 11, July 12 to August 8.
- Complete the Online Canvas Training prior to the program start date, learning not only the curriculum concepts, but also how to use the Canvas platform (Learning Management System)
- Work with CIEE Site Staff and Program Leaders to ensure effective communication and integration of the participant learning experiences
- Plan and prepare for each day’s lesson, including development of task-based activities that help students meet learning objectives connected to the ACTFL Can Do Statements
- Teach the curriculum to the participants in a classroom setting, Monday-Friday from 9 am – 12 pm for 2 sessions of 4 weeks (60 hours)
- Meet with co-Instructors and Program Leaders once a week to ensure the students are meeting goals and the program standards are being met
- Serve as a primary contact regarding any curriculum-related matter for the level you teach
- Provide participants with timely, informative feedback during in-class activities and through assessments against a rubric in Canvas
- *Enter student grades for weekly projects, assignments, and in-class participation in Canvas (*Note: Final paycheck will not be provided until all of your grades are submitted)
- Provide CIEE with constructive feedback in English on the curriculum at the end of each session of the program (in an agreed-upon format)
- At the end of the program, participate in program de-brief, safety assessments, curriculum assessments and evaluations
Bachelor's degree, French citizen or legal ability to work in France
Compensation dependant on qualifications, skills and experience
Please send CV or resume in French or in English, a sample lesson plan for a communicative, task-based lesson and explain how it is
accessible to beginner, intermediate, and advanced level students. Be prepared to give examples of how to teach beginner level language
learners, and how to reach advanced learners that need an extra push.
Send all materials to Berit Nelson : email@example.com