Preparing the program arrivals
- Gathering and translating the students’ forms (working in collaboration with the Housing Coordinators).
- Participating in the planning and organization of cultural events throughout the programs, always taking into account the specificities of each group (planning, booking, etc.).
- Preparing budgets (in agreement with the managers).
- Preparing all the materials for the students’ arrival (“Welcome Packs”, transportation passes, orientation meetings, etc.).
Daily administrative tasks
- Managing mail and setting the office at the beginning and end of each day.
- Updating the database (Providers – Reservations – Students forms, etc.).
- Keeping track of, updating and organizing the students’ files.
- Helping the Housing Coordinator to prepare the apartments before, during and after the students’ stay (check-in, mid-semester check, check-out, etc.).
- On-call duty.
Cultural and events communication
- Set a list of events that may be of interest to students during their stay in Paris.
- Prepare the activity calendar and the sign-up forms.
- Communicate on cultural events and ISA activities.
- Create content for social media, the ISA mobile app, and the display screen in the office (announcements, pictures, videos, etc.).
- Welcoming and helping students
- Welcome students at their arrival at the different airports around Paris.
- Welcome students at the office and manage phone calls during office hours.
- Listen to, follow and help solving students’ difficulties on a daily basis, always communicating well with the rest of the team.
- Preparing sign-up sheets / forms, keeping track of students’ attendance and updating the lists, and ensuring the smooth running of each activity.
- Throughout the whole year, accompany and animate the excursions (on some weekends) and the cultural activities.
- Experience in teaching, particularly in an English-language context
- European Union citizenship or legal right to work in France
- Proficiency in English
- Level of study: bachelor’s degree minimum
- Good knowledge of Paris and of French culture; some experience in the welcoming American clients would be appreciated.
- Know how to listen, be patient, friendly and welcoming
- Active, voluntary and independent
- Team spirit and likes to take initiatives
- Very good organization skills; multitasking
- Be flexible; be available to work some weekends and evenings
- Capacity to anticipate priorities and to respect deadlines
- Very good communication skills
- Fluent French and English (written and spoken)
- Solid proficiency in computer software and communications tools is required (Office Pack, Outlook, social media, Google Form, etc.).
University degree and French work papers required.
Flexible hours, must work some week ends and evenings
Please send CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com.