Program or University Name: Columbia Global Centers Paris
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Job Type: French CDI
Location : Reid Hall, Montparnasse, Paris 6
The Administrative Coordinator will assist the Director and Administrative Director in running Reid Hall and the Columbia Global Centers Paris. The incumbent is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office, developing and implementing operational processes that ensure the efficiency, organization, and effectiveness of the office.
Assist the Center’s Director and Administrative director:
- Maintain agendas and provide regular calendar reminders as necessary
- Organize meetings (both staff and general)
- Oversee monthly reports
- Fill out annual event tracking forms
- Proofread and edit documents
- Translate documents as necessary from English to French and French to English
- Maintain statistics (student numbers, enrollment breakdowns, etc.)
- Work with Administrative Director to perform annual security assessments
- Update all security documentation as needed
- Respond to all room reservation requests
- Enter and track classroom, conference room, studio reservations through the internal database system
- Create and distribute/post all class schedules (fall, spring, summer terms) for member programs
- Confirm classroom use by member programs for each billing cycle (with financial team)
Logistics of conference room and classroom use:
- Work closely with Operations Manager to create weekly logistical schedules
- Provide details of conference room and any exceptional classroom reservations, such as set-up and technical needs
- Participate in weekly staff planning meetings to coordinate for upcoming weeks
Support for workshops/conferences/etc.:
- Interface directly with all Columbia and Columbia-related groups to ensure set-up, materials, A/V needs, catering, restaurant and hotel reservations, etc.
- Order and pick up supplies, sandwiches, coffee, etc.
- Occasional presence may be necessary weekends, early morning, and evenings
- Coordinate with outside groups holding events at Reid Hall to assess their needs (names of caterers, hotels, etc.)
Administrative support work:
- Maintain the online student and faculty directory
- Create Wi-Fi accounts and ID cards prior to each program start date
- Update member list and Reid Hall information packets
- Organize directors’ meetings
- Troubleshoot with member programs
- Order and oversee office supplies
- Reception duties one day/week and when needed
- Oversee Reid Hall postings (bulletin boards, totems, electronic screens)
Other duties as needed.
- Authentically fluent in both English and French.
- Proven record of success in working in an administrative capacity, either in the United States or abroad.
- Demonstrated success in establishing and coordinating relationships with diverse populations.
- Able to exercise exceptional judgment along with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Must be excellent at multi-tasking.
Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required.
Minimum 4 years related experience.
Work Conditions (Travel, On-call, etc.):
Candidates must be authorized to work in France. The Administrative Coordinator will be employed by Reid Hall Inc., under French labor law, and not as a Columbia University employee.
Documents Required from the Candidate:
CV and Cover Letter in English
Contact: Brune Biebuyck, email@example.com