Program or University Name: Columbia Institute for Ideas and Imagination
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Job Type: French CDD leading to a CDI. Full time, regular 35 hours/week
Location : Reid Hall, Montparnasse, Paris 6
The Columbia Institute for Ideas and Imagination aspires to provide a platform in which a younger generation of scholars and creative artists will work alongside more established scholars under the aegis of the Institute to produce innovative research, writing, and art that will introduce new perspectives into the University and enrich ties between US and non-US institutions of higher learning. The Institute will add strength to the Columbia Global Centers networks. It will also contribute, both directly and indirectly, to the core pedagogic functions of the University, in particular, the Global Core Curriculum.
The Administrative Coordinator will assist the Deputy Director in running the Institute for Ideas and Imagination daily. The incumbent is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office and develops and implements operational processes that ensure efficiency, organization, and effectiveness in the office.
- Organize programs, seminars, and presentations at the Institute.
- Provide guidance and assistance to Fellows on practical aspects of life in Paris.
- Oversee the technical aspect of application portal and assist applicants with technical difficulties during the fellowship competition.
- Supervise the daily maintenance of the Institute's building (pantry, kitchen, office supplies, computer issues, fellows' daily requests). Serve as point of contact for all incoming/outgoing needs related to AV, IT, and facilities.
- Assist the Deputy Director with obtaining visas for foreign fellows.
- Oversee, with the Deputy Director, the maintenance of and updates to the website.
- Responsible for setting up and staffing Institute events.
- Serve as liaison with Reid Hall for practical matters, such as maintenance or renting rooms.
- Additional duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum 4 years related experience.
Authentically fluent in both English and French. Proven record of success in working in a center of advanced study, either in the United States or abroad.
Demonstrated success in establishing and managing relationships with diverse populations.
Must be able to exercise exceptional judgment along with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, collaboration and problem solving skills.
Work Conditions (Travel, On-call, etc.):
Candidates must be authorized to work in France, as the administrative coordinator will be employed by an independent organization in France, under French labor law and not as a Columbia University Employee.
Candidates must be willing to stay late to assist during some of the evening programs.
Documents Required from the Candidate:
CV and Cover Letter in English