DESCRIPTIF DE POSTE À POURVOIR/JOB DESCRIPTION
Nom du programme/ université/Program or University Name: The New School Parsons Paris
Parsons Paris is the European campus of The New School, an innovative university based in New York City. Our degree programs and summer and study abroad courses build on the curriculum of Parsons School of Design, a globally acclaimed art and design school. Established in 1921, Parsons Paris invites students interested in college in Paris to join our modern atelier. There they will find interdisciplinary learning and small classes that prepare them for careers in fashion, management, digital innovation, and curatorial practice.
Intitulé du poste/Job Title: Student Success Advisor (SSA)
Nature du poste/Job Type: Academic and Career advising
Lieu du poste/Location: Paris, France
Missions et activités du poste / responsabilité/Job Responsibilities:
The Student Success Advisor (SSA) is responsible for providing academic and career advising according to degree requirements and students’ abilities and aspirations to help students persist to graduation and obtain desired career outcomes. The SSA is an integral member of the Student Success team and reports to the Director of Student Success at Parsons Paris. This position provides academic and career advising to degree-seeking students in one-on-one and group settings. The SSA also participates in programs and systems to support student persistence and success.
Compétences et qualités requises/Required Skills:
Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years related experience in higher education with a focus on student engagement and advising.
- Student services experience.
- Good understanding of US higher education .
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to cultural differences - Experience working with international students.
- Proven abilities in personal judgment and critical thinking skills to help others make values-based decisions regarding academic, career, and other success paths .
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects both independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in both English and French.
- Knowledge of another foreign language is a plus .
- Eligibility to work in the EU .
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new computer applications.
Master’s degree in Higher Education, Higher Education Administration, or a field related to academic offerings at The New School.
- 2 or more years professional work experience in higher education, with a focus on advising .
- Knowledge of Banner, DegreeWorks, and Starfish.
- Experience with NACADA, EAB, NACE, NASPA, LinkedIn or other advising-related professional organizations and tools.
Application must be filled in online: https://careers.newschool.edu/postings/15169