DESCRIPTIF DE POSTE À POURVOIR/JOB DESCRIPTION
Nom du programme/ université/Program or University Name: PARIS COLLEGE OF ART
Intitulé du poste/Job Title: Director of Film (M/F)
Lieu du poste/Location: Paris (75010)
Type de contrat/Contract Type: CDI Part time (2days/week)
Missions et activités du poste / responsabilité/Job Responsibilities
Paris College of Art seeks an innovative and entrepreneurial leader for its new BFA program in Film, offered jointly with Emerson College in Boston. This is an exciting opportunity to help develop a contemporary film program in a European center for art and culture.
The Director of Film, reporting directly to the Dean, will work collaboratively with faculty and administration from Emerson College in the United States (http://www.emerson.edu) and ESEC film school in Paris (http://esec.edu/enter.php) to develop programs of study for students wishing to learn the conceptual, technical, aesthetic and procedural skills necessary for success as independent film artists.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• coordinate and help develop curriculum;
• assist in the hire and review of faculty;
• recommend equipment and facilities necessary to support the new curriculum;
• develop and manage the program budget;
• supervise technical staff;
• develop placement sites for art and media internships;
• advise and mentor students;
• participate in recruitment and admissions;
• and promote the program internationally.
Compétences et qualités requises/Required Skills
• Evidence of program administration, curriculum development, and budget management is preferred. The successful candidate will be an active film or media artist. Must be fluent in English and proficiency in French is a plus.
Formation exigée/Required Qualifications
• The ideal candidate will have a graduate degree in film, media art, or a related field but candidates with significant art or industry experience will be considered. Teaching experience at the college level is required.
The successful candidate must be able to legally work in France (E.U Nationality; VISA or Work Authorization)
Conditions de travail (déplacements, permanence etc.)/Work Conditions (Travel, On-call, etc.)
Salary: Contingent upon experience
Benefits: French Social Security including basic health and retirement plans, "Mutuelle" (additional health coverage), lunch vouchers ("Tickets Restaurant") and partially subsidized public transportation.
Documents à fournir par le/ la candidate/Documents Required from the Candidate: Please submit a resume and a cover letter, as well as the name and contact information of two (2) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "FilmD17."
Personnes à contacter/Contact : email@example.com