Director for Student Success, Parsons Paris
Located in Paris, the Director for Student Success will be responsible for leading and executing on all aspects of student engagement and the student experience. Reporting to the Vice President for Student Success in NYC, the Director will work closely with staff at Parsons Paris, as well as members of the Student Success team in New York City. The Director will promote student satisfaction and successful outcomes including retention, progression and post-graduation outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide strategic vision, planning and execution for Student Success at Parsons Paris; direct, lead and manage Student Success operations and staffing
• Supervise and mentor staff, including managing the professional development plans and performance appraisals of that/those individual(s)
• Manage budget and planning for the Student Success department
• Serve as chief retention leader for student progression and graduation; promote strategies and programs designed to enhance student persistence and increase student satisfaction, utilizing available resources to enhance the student experience, including orientation and welcome week events
• Facilitate assessment for Student Success programs/services and initiatives
• Through collaboration with Student Success in New York, develop and organize strategies and tactics for managing the transition process for students
• Provide effective communication for students and families related to all aspects of the student experience at Parsons Paris
• Serve as primary liaison with New York based services such as the Registrar, Student Financial Services, Student Card Services and Students Disability Services that do not have representatives in Paris
• Supervise initiatives related to career development including career events, internships and employer development
• Lead Student Conduct and Community Standards, including behavioral disciplinary procedures (receives reports, investigates, adjudicates, educates students on policies, and communicates penalties); lead student conflict resolution.
• Coordinates with on-call team in cases of emergency involving students, including responding to parental and student queries in order to solve reported difficulties and conflicts in coordination with other New School and Parsons Paris staff
• Represents Parsons Paris, in coordination with admissions staff, by communicating with prospective students -- individually, at organized admissions events, and through social media.
• Serve on committees/working groups relevant to the core mission of the office of student life and advising for example, Security Committee, Academic Policy Committee, 1D2C implementation group, etc.
• Act as Title IX "deputy" when necessary
• Advise and advocate for students on an as needed basis
• Master's degree required and a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive responsibility in student affairs, demonstrating management experience in the areas of student life, academic advising and student support.
• Proven supervisory experience and budget management
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both writing and verbally; demonstrated effective public speaking skills.
• Proven ability to manage a diverse organizational structure and utilize data to drive initiatives forward.
• Fluent in French.
• Valid working papers for EU.
To apply for this position, go to The New School job posting: https://careers.newschool.edu/postings/14382